Thursday, June 19, 2014
Coconut Banana French Toast Waffle
Sweetened Coconut Flakes 2 Tablespoons
1- prepared old fashioned Belgium type waffle cut into 4 pieces
Vegetable Oil 3 Tablespoons
Banana, sliced 1 each
Unsalted Butter, melted 3/4 stick
All Purpose Flour 1/2 cup
Brown Sugar 1/4 cup
Cinnamon 1 Tablespoon
Vanilla Extract 1/2 teaspoon
Corn Syrup 1/4 cup
1. Melt butter and whisk all ingredients together & set aside
Eggs 3 ea
Milk 1/2 cup
Cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon
Sugar 1/3 cup
Vanilla 2 Tablespoon
1. Whisk together all ingredients and set aside
To prepare waffle:
1. Cut the prepared waffle into 4 pieces or if you use smaller or for thinner waffles use 2 waffles for each person. Slice the banana into slices so it's ready.
2. Heat the oil over medium heat in a non stick pan and then dip the waffle pieces into the custard and allow the excess to drip off. Place the dipped waffles into the hot pan. Allow to cook for about 2 minutes on the one side and then flip and cook the same in the other. Be careful not to burn it you just want a little color on both sides and to be heated all the way through.
3. Once the waffle is ready. Assemble waffle slices and banana like a sandwich allowing a few for the top. Sprinkle with sweetened coconut and drizzle with cinnamon spread.
4. Drizzle maple syrup over the top if you would like and enjoy.