Friday, October 17, 2014
Chef's Top 10
1. Cinnaroll Waffle- all of our waffles are made with a fresh made batter with real butter and if that is not enough for you we have created this Cinnaroll waffle. Right in the waffle maker we swirl in a home made cinnamon sauce and then we topped it with fresh cream cheese icing and sprinkled with powder sugar. Whether or not you put syrup on it is your prerogative.
2. Irish Benedict- we took your classic Benedict and put a twist on it for this mind blowing creation. First we take top of the line corned beef and cook it with our signature spice recipe. Then we hand chop the corned beef and potatoes and cook them with onions and more seasoning and what we get is corned beef hash like you never tried before. You will never go back to the canned stuff. Anyway, back to the Benedict (I get distracted), we take a sandwich size Thomas English muffin and top it with our delicious hash, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce, sprinkle some paprika and there you go.
3. Irish a Skillet- Since I already went over how good the corned beef hash is, I will spare you having to read it again, however... this little creation is something for the record books. Now here we do it a little different. We start out with fresh home fried potatoes seasoned to absolute perfection and grilled to have a slight crisp, then we top them with our corned beef hash and shredded cheddar jack cheese. If thats not enough we then top that with 2 eggs over easy and drizzle some hollandaise on top and sprinkle it all with paprika. Needless to say, your mouth is probably watering by now.
4. Johnny D's Skillet- This is a combination of a little spice & cheesie goodness. First we start off with those home fried potatoes I already told you about. Then with a little oil we cook off the hot italian sausage, onions and peppers, letting those flavors marinate together releasing the flavors. We then pour the eggs and scramble it all together, topping all that with shredded cheddar jack cheese and sprinkle with a little paprika.
5. Poundcake French Toast- This is just one of those things that no matter what i say about it you have to eat it to understand. First, we make this buttery, melt in your mouth pound cake, and if thats not enough we dip the cake in a vanilla bean custard and grill it up on both sides. Once its nice and hot we top it with fresh strawberries and powdered sugar which adds a burst of sweetness in your mouth, and what you get is a knee buckling experience.
6. Crispy Chicken Tacos- I know what you may be thinking, "What does a waffle place know about making tacos?" Well the answer is simple, ALOT. First, ill tell you a little about our crispy chicken. We start with chicken breast, slice, season and marinate it for up to a day, after we dip the strips in a batter and dredge the chicken in a flavorful cornmeal mixture, created of course in house, and then we fry the chicken in rice bran oil. While the chicken is frying to perfection we are preparing your tacos. Three warm flour tortillas filled with lettuce, house made corn salsa, shredded cheddar jack cheese, sour cream & our delicious chipotle sauce for a pop of heat. Once the chicken is done we chop it up and finish filling up your tortillas, and since we like to spoil our customers, we serve the tacos with a side of fresh salsa for you to sprinkle on at your leisure.
7. French Dip- This is just a classic sandwich, going back to who even knows what year. However, why is ours so good? Ill explain.... Remember in the old days, before bread had ingredients in it you couldn't pronounce? Well the baguette that this sandwich is served on is made in house. With regular ingredients and ferments without any chemicals. You can for sure taste the difference. We grill the roll with a little garlic butter that we put together with our signature seasoning, grill some premium roast beef and melt some swiss cheese on the bread to create for you a french dip expierence. Oh and did i mention that you also get au jus sauce for your dipping pleasure?
8. Enchilada Omelette- This omelette is so so so good. We start with a little oil down on the grill and scramble up some onions & peppers with 3 eggs. Then after the eggs cook for a bit we flip the omelette and add shredded cheddar jack cheese. Once the omelette is slightly browned and the cheese is melted with close it up and add avocado to the top, drizzle the top with enchilada sauce and sprinkle a little paprika on top. The first time I made this for myself, I remember not being able to stop eating it.
9. Coconut Banana French Toast Waffle- I know, I know.... "What did you just say?" Remember way at the beginning when I explained about our waffles? Ok, well now we have taking that waffle, dipped it in our vanilla bean custard, drizzled cinnamon sauce, sprinkle some coconut and powder sugar. Oh wait, I almost forgot, in-between the waffles we put some fresh bananas for an over the top flavor burst in your mouth.
10. Huevos Rancheros- I want to start off my letting you know that this is MY number 1. Im not sure I can fully explain to you how mouth watering delicious this is, unless you have tried it yourself. But for the sake of this Top 10 I am going to try. We start by taking 2 four tortillas and spreading refried beans, guacamole and sprinkling shredded cheddar jack cheese over it and placing them on the grill to warm up and for the cheese to melt. Meanwhile, we cook up 2 eggs over medium, you need the runny yolk (it's imperative), and once those are ready we place them right over the cheese. As if thats not already enough, we then sprinkle our corn salsa right over the top, drizzle with some enchilada sauce and a sprinkle of paprika. The flavor combination is explosive, there is no other way to describe it.
Thank you for reading through my Top 10 from Johnny Ds Waffles & Bakery. I hope this helps you with ordering when you come into the restaurant. Whether its breakfast or lunch time any of these items are sure to make you happy. So come with an appetite and maybe order more than one thing, after all "sharing is caring."
Chef Jamie Saunders