Sunday, November 9, 2014
Who doesn't love a rice crispy treat ? They are so easy to make there is no reason to ever buy them. Follow a few easy steps and make your own at home.
Butter, unsalted- 1 stick
Marshmallows, tiny- 4 cups
Rice Crispy Cereal- 5 cups
Or Fruit Pebbles Cereal- 6 cups
Vanilla Extract- 1 teaspoon
1. In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over a medium heat, being careful the butter doesn't brown.
2. Add the marshmallow and vanilla extract and stir occasionally over a medium heat until the marshmallows are completely melted. After they are completely melted allow to cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and add the cereal and stir until the cereal is completely covered in marshmallow.
4. Lightly coat a 9x13 inch pan with a non stick spray and scoop entire mixture into pan. Lightly press the mixture into the pan as evenly as possible and allow to set.
5. When the mixture is set, using a dinner knife, run it along side the sides of the pan to help release the treats. Cut into desired size and place in a air right container or zip lock bag.
Note: If stored properly, treats should stay fresh for a period of time.