My name is Jamie & I am the Chef of Johnny D's Waffles & Bakery. . I believe that with a little guidance anyone that wants to learn to cook or bake, can. After all at some point, I didn't know what I was doing. I will be sharing recipes with you that I developed for my restaurant & at home. Also, if there is anything new going on at the restaurant, I will also be sharing them here.
If you ask me what is my best recipe for a dish for dinner, I will tell you my creamy tomato pasta. Anyone I have ever made this for always wants more. I have made this dish a million times and have perfected it!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil, with a little salt and oil. Cook the pasta to box specifications, drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a sauce pan add the 2 tablespoons oil and heat over medium high heat. Then add the onions, tomatoes, garlic, half of the all purpose seasoning, paprika and Italian seasoning. Sauté until the onions have a little color around the edges. Sprinkle shrimp with a little salt and pepper and in a separate frying pan, heat 2 Tablespoons of oil and over medium high heat. Cook the shrimp for about 4-5 minutes until the shrimp form a C. If the shrimp form a O, this is an indication that they are over cooked. Set the shrimp aside when finished cooking.
3. Add vodka and vinegar to deglaze the pan, being careful of the steam, stir and allow to cook for about 2 more minutes. This allows the vodka and vinegar to cook off.
4. Add the light cream, tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese 2 teaspoons of sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes. At this point, taste your sauce and adjust if you would like to add more all purpose seasoning and or sugar. Then add your pasta. If you want your shrimp mixed into the sauce, now is the time to add it. Otherwise, add your shrimp as a garnish after plating is done.
5. Once pasta is added stir to coat pasta well and cook for 2 more minutes.
6. Serve sprinkles with Parmesan cheese if desired and enjoy!!
Notes: *if you do not want to make tomato sauce, use Hunts Tomato Sauce as a replacement