Yields: 12 muffins
plus extra for sprinkling
1. Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with standard size baking cups.
2. In a electric mixer or with a hand held, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add eggs one at a time, while mixing on speed one until incorporated.
4. Mix all dry in stages, mixing on speed one until incorporated, minus the chocolate chips and pecans.
5. Add coffee, buttermilk & vanilla on speed one and mix until incorporated.
6. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans by hand.
7. Fill the baking cups 3/4 to the top with the batter & garnish with oats before placing in oven.
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.